Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I loved the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, however; for some reason I was really not enthusiastic about going to this movie. I promised my six year old of course and went to the movie anyways. I found great entertainment and great realizations. I have to admit, I feel sorry for myself more than I really should. I have had a childhood full of abuse, which makes me all the more grateful for what I have now. I found one line in the movie that encompassed this feeling. The line goes something like this
“I often think about what has been taken from me, rather than what I have been given”.
I often think about the childhood that I was robbed of and the parents that I feel I never had, and all that does is make me forget about what is right in front of me. I have two beautiful children and they will have a wonderful childhood, and parents that love them. When I look at my children, I see a beauty in the world that is new and full of hope and wonder. This film is everything that I love about movies, it makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes you remember, and it gives you hope. This movie reminded me to be proud of whom I am, and to not try and become someone that society expects me to be. The movie also makes me proud of myself, because of the abuse that I went through and those struggles were extraordinary for anyone, let alone a child, and it makes me proud to be me.
I will be reading the books, I have read the first three, and need to go on now. I hope that someone half of what I got out of this movie.

1 comment:

  1. yea i love that movie it was so good
    i like the parts with the golden dragon
    and i thought the houl story was good i hope thay make the first one !!

    ReplyDelete