Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

My review of “Everyone’s Fine”

I love Christmas movies, the spirit of giving and the one time of year that people seem be the least selfless of all. I found a Christmas movie that is real and passionate. This movie was beautifully written by Kirk Jones, Massimo de Rita and et al. To some it may seem slow for the first quarter, but I happen to love when I get submerged into the characters routine in their everyday life it gives better insight to their character. I do not want to spoil too much for people that have not yet seen it but, when you find movies that touches upon a subject that is as real as this one, where the family is just not as close as they used to be it makes the movie all that more relatable. A major break down in any kind of relationships is a lack of communication, and in this movie you see the consequences of this. Frank Goode (Robert De Niro) is a parent like many out there, he just wants the best for his children, and he tries to provide the best future for all of them the only way he knows how (I found his occupation witty and honest, it nicely tied in with the rest of the script). One thing that I really love about Frank is that even though his children lie to him he knows something is going on, and like any smart person he knows his boundaries and does not push too hard for the truth he just simply tries to understand why they are lying to him. This movie moved me and made me cry so hard, all the actors in this movie played each and every single roll admirably and made the movie complete with their amazing skills. This movie will move you and make you want to put up with your family more on a daily basis. This movie will remind you that your family may be flawed but their imperfections are what make them beautiful and at the end of the day you do love them no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment